GPG 1.3.1: Can't import key

Michael Nahrath gpgweb-devel@nahrath.de
Thu Dec 5 11:16:09 2002

David Shaw <dshaw@jabberwocky.com> schrieb am 2002-12-04 23:44 Uhr:

> On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 10:58:59PM +0100, Michael Nahrath wrote:
>> Last night I compiled GPG 1.3.1 on MacOS 10.2.2.
>> Works fine until now.
>>
>> On verifying the signature on David's recent posting my Mail-Plugin got
>> stuck, so I tried to import his key 0x10F4B2AA on the commandline.
>
> [..]
>
>> Problem with GPG 1.3.1, my prefs, the keyserver or is it Mac specific?
>
> None of the above.  That key is an Elgamal signing key.  They're slow,
> and I mean *really* slow.

I don't believe this is the reason. The problem is gone since I deleted the
two revoked signatures. Now I can work normally with the key.

Slow it is. Verifying David's Signature needs more than 10 seconds
(with GPG using about 70% of my G4-500 CPU) whereas verifying other attached
signatures (eg. Jason's and Sebastina's in this list) need less than 3
seconds.

But before deleting them those 2 signatures seem to have corrupted my whole
keyring.

Greeting, Michi