Robot CA at toehold.com

Jason Harris jharris@widomaker.com
Mon Dec 9 00:47:01 2002

--5gxpn/Q6ypwruk0T

On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 05:51:06PM -0500, David Shaw wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 05:19:41PM -0500, Jason Harris wrote:
>=20
> > > Do you intend to give a "sig!1" to everybody who ever answered to an
> > > encrypted e-mail you sent to them? They all prooved that their e-mail
> > > address is valid.
> >=20
> > Not at all; I only do so when I have a good reason.
>=20
> Keep in mind that despite you tagging the signature as persona, no
> OpenPGP programs treats it any differently.  You're making a strong
> binding there, and calling it weak doesn't make it weak.  People
> depend on you as a member of the web of trust to not do this.

I'm aware of the current shortcomings of keyanalyze, pathfinder,
and GPG, but still feel that 0x11/persona signatures have their place.

--=20
Jason Harris          | NIC:  JH329, PGP:  This _is_ PGP-signed, isn't it?
jharris@widomaker.com | web:  http://jharris.cjb.net/

--5gxpn/Q6ypwruk0T

--5gxpn/Q6ypwruk0T--