Need help with GPG/PGP email form...

Tom Nielsen tom@neuro-logic.com
Tue Dec 10 06:41:03 2002

--=-/WyZkcPpHhCLl20uuYlT

I'm a newbie in the GPG field and will try to give you everything that's
neccessary. I've been working on this for so long, I'm starting to lose
it.

My web host is running Slackware on their server. They have PGP
installed. I have access to the cgi-bin and can run perl or cgi scripts.

I'm running Suse 8.0 and have GPG installed. I'm trying to take data
received from an online form and have it emailed to me after visitors
fill it out. My form is at www.neuro-logic.com/pgp-formmail.html.  I'm
using a script called pgp-formmail. I believe it used to be a cgi, but
I'm using it as a perl script.

Once the form is filled out, the success page pops up. I get an email
right away with most of the information on it such as FROM, TO, SUBJECT.
Then I get the following error in the body of the message...

Script Error: PGP produced no output when processing this message.
The most likely cause for this is that the PGP key you submitted
is invalid.  (pgp_key submitted: tom nielsen <tom@neuro-logic.com>)
Another possibility is that you have specified the wrong version of
PGP.  (pgp_version: 2.6.2)  A less likely cause is that you
did not specify the correct location of pubring.pgp when setting up
the script (pgp_config_files: /home/nls/public_html/pgp)

I think the problem is that I'm not importing my local public ring
correctly to my site. Currently I just ran

gpg --export-key tn@neuro-logic.com from my local ring.

Then I took the .asc file and ftp'd it to my pgp directory.

If my server is running PGP 2.6.2 and I'm running GPG 1.0.6, what is the
correct way to import my local public key to the server? BTW, in my
script I changed the pubring.pgp to pubring.gpg.

I currently have the following files in my pgp directory - .asc, .pgp,
.gpg, .pkr and random_seed.

Can anyone help me to get on the right path here? I've been working on
this so long, I'm starting to go crazy and I'm forgetting what I'm
doing.

Thanks for the help!

---

Tom Nielsen
Neuro Logic Systems, Inc.
805.389.5435 x18
www.neuro-logic.com

--=-/WyZkcPpHhCLl20uuYlT

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
I'm a newbie in the GPG field and will try to give you everything that's neccessary. I've been working on this for so long, I'm starting to lose it.<BR>
<BR>
My web host is running Slackware on their server. They have PGP installed. I have access to the cgi-bin and can run perl or cgi scripts. <BR>
<BR>
I'm running Suse 8.0 and have GPG installed. I'm trying to take data received from an online form and have it emailed to me after visitors fill it out. My form is at <A HREF="http://www.neuro-logic.com/pgp-formmail.html.">www.neuro-logic.com/pgp-formmail.html.</A>&nbsp; I'm using a script called pgp-formmail. I believe it used to be a cgi, but I'm using it as a perl script. <BR>
<BR>
Once the form is filled out, the success page pops up. I get an email right away with most of the information on it such as FROM, TO, SUBJECT. Then I get the following error in the body of the message...<BR>
<BR>
<FONT SIZE="3"><TT>Script Error: PGP produced no output when processing this message. <BR>
The most likely cause for this is that the PGP key you submitted <BR>
is invalid.&nbsp; (pgp_key submitted: tom nielsen &lt;</FONT><A HREF="mailto:tom@neuro-logic.com"><FONT SIZE="3">tom@neuro-logic.com</FONT></A><FONT SIZE="3">&gt;) <BR>
Another possibility is that you have specified the wrong version of <BR>
PGP.&nbsp; (pgp_version: 2.6.2)&nbsp; A less likely cause is that you<BR>
did not specify the correct location of pubring.pgp when setting up<BR>
the script (pgp_config_files: /home/nls/public_html/pgp)</TT></FONT><BR>
<BR>
I think the problem is that I'm not importing my local public ring correctly to my site. Currently I just ran<BR>
<BR>
gpg --export-key <A HREF="mailto:tn@neuro-logic.com">tn@neuro-logic.com</A> from my local ring.<BR>
<BR>
Then I took the .asc file and ftp'd it to my pgp directory. <BR>
<BR>
If my server is running PGP 2.6.2 and I'm running GPG 1.0.6, what is the correct way to import my local public key to the server? BTW, in my script I changed the pubring.pgp to pubring.gpg. <BR>
<BR>
I currently have the following files in my pgp directory - .asc, .pgp, .gpg, .pkr and random_seed.<BR>
<BR>
Can anyone help me to get on the right path here? I've been working on this so long, I'm starting to go crazy and I'm forgetting what I'm doing. <BR>
<BR>
Thanks for the help!<BR>
<FONT SIZE="3"><TT></TT></FONT><BR>
<TABLE CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0" WIDTH="100%">
<TR>
<TD>
<BR>
---<BR>