bad signature on clear signing

Ingo Klöcker ingo.kloecker@epost.de
Sat Dec 14 01:51:27 2002

--Boundary-02=_bAo+9Q/NvJ79CXt

On Friday 13 December 2002 23:15, Tenui wrote:
> On 13 Dec 2002 15:19:23 -0500 David Shaw wrote:
>  >> Maybe your mail server is removing trailing spaces from the end
>  >> of the lines. Try enabling Quoted-Printable.
>  >
>  >You should be able to mangle whitespace at the end of lines in
>  > clear signatures.  Part of the spec specifically requires that end
>  > of line white space is ignored when making the signature hash (for
>  > the exact reason you mention, if I recall correctly).
>
> Yes, that's what I thought. In any case one the mailers for testing
> was Outlook Express with quoted-printable enabled, so the problem
> seems elsewhere. I have also verified that it is not my outgoing
> antivirus scan.

If it's not the spaces at the end of lines then it's probably the=20
different newline encoding? On Windows CR+LF is used, on Unix LF is=20
used and on Mac (AFAIK) CR is used. If a signature is made in canonical=20
textmode all lineendings have to be treated as CR+LF.

BTW, to find the differences between the messages you should use a=20
hex-viewer.

Regards,
Ingo

--Boundary-02=_bAo+9Q/NvJ79CXt