gnupg won't work

the dragon ceprn@hotmail.com
Tue Feb 5 15:53:02 2002

Hi all,

I am new to the list, and also new to PGP/GPG, and relatively new to my job.
sigh ... so much to learn.  I have a business requirement to get GPG up and
running on our FTP server, which is an RS-6000 running AIX 4.3.3.  I dl'ed
and untarballed v 1.0.6 and tried to install it - I get the following prompt
messages and the log file is below - Obviously something it wants is missing
- Can somone tell me what is going on here and how to fix it please??

clark 'the dragon' willis

# ./configure
checking host system type... powerpc-ibm-aix4.3.3.0
checking target system type... powerpc-ibm-aix4.3.3.0
checking build system type... powerpc-ibm-aix4.3.3.0
checking for a BSD compatible install... scripts/install-sh -c
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking for mawk... no
checking for gawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking which static random module to use... default
checking whether use of /dev/random is requested... yes
checking whether use of extensions is requested... yes
checking whether assembler modules are requested... yes
checking whether memory guard is requested... no
checking whether included zlib is requested... no
checking whether use of capabilities is requested... no
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

log file:

\This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

configure:784: checking host system type
configure:805: checking target system type
configure:823: checking build system type
configure:857: checking for a BSD compatible install
configure:910: checking whether build environment is sane
configure:967: checking whether make sets ${MAKE}
configure:1013: checking for working aclocal
configure:1026: checking for working autoconf
configure:1039: checking for working automake
configure:1052: checking for working autoheader
configure:1065: checking for working makeinfo
configure:1089: checking for mawk
configure:1089: checking for gawk
configure:1089: checking for nawk
configure:1124: checking which static random module to use
configure:1164: checking whether use of /dev/random is requested
configure:1178: checking whether use of extensions is requested
configure:1190: checking whether assembler modules are requested
configure:1202: checking whether memory guard is requested
configure:1221: checking whether included zlib is requested
configure:1234: checking whether use of capabilities is requested
configure:1250: checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of
Makefiles
configure:1303: checking whether make sets ${MAKE}
configure:1330: checking whether build environment is sane
configure:1369: checking for working aclocal
configure:1382: checking for working autoconf
configure:1395: checking for working automake
configure:1408: checking for working autoheader
configure:1421: checking for working makeinfo
configure:1436: checking for gcc
configure:1466: checking for cc

PSA: Salary <> Slavery.  If you earn a salary, your employer is renting your
services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul.  Your time is the
only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be

"Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you
have, and only you can determine how it will be spent.
Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you."

Carl Sandburg
(1878 - 1967)

NOTICE:  The information contained in this message is protected under United
States and international copyright laws and is intended for the personal and
confidential use of the addressee.  If you are not the addressee or an agent
of the addressee, you are hereby notified that you have received this
message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, taking of
any action in reliance upon or copying of this message without the express
written permission of the sender or his agent is strictly prohibited and in
violation of referenced statutes.  If you have received this message in
error, please notify me (the sender) immediately and you are instructed to

SIGNATURE :
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good
with ketchup.
You've got to be a Spirit; don't need no Ghosts.
Do or Do Not; There is NO Try.
Any clod can have facts, but having an opinion is an art !
A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.
When a continuing state of defiance and disorder can not be checked by the
rules, then new and sometimes drastic rules must be forged to maintain
order; the alternative is anarchy.
M. Clark Willis III - Sr Systems Analyst, Sr Consultant ceprn@hotmail.com
aolim:ceprn ICQ 6633136

Help stamp out SPAM!! http://www.cauce.org

The senders of unsolicited commercial e-mail to me at any site are liable
for a $500 per message cost under USC 47, which may be found at
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47
Contents of this message, in it's entirety, (c) 2000 M. Clark Willis III /
Dragon Enterprises inc.  All rights reserved.