update info

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Thu Feb 7 20:19:02 2002

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 03:57:07PM -0500, eduardo.gargiulo@ingdesi.net wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'd send my key to certserver.pgp.com and wwwkeys.pgp.net.
> Now I'd edited my uids (add and delete). I want to update the info on
> those servers. How can I do that? (I want to remove some uids because
> the email addresses are not availables).

I'm afraid you're out of luck.  The keyservers cannot delete UIDs -
they can only add.  What you can do is issue a revocation for the UID,
which marks it as unusable.  You can do this in the --edit menu by
using "revsig" to revoke your own signature on the UID.

This should really be in the FAQ.  It gets asked all the time.

David