Need Help Understanding the Error Codes from gpg.exe

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Fri Feb 8 09:47:02 2002

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002 09:19:34 -0800, FLOWERDAY John said:

> I really need to know what the error codes are when gpg.exe returns a code.
> I am currently getting a 2 back when I attempt this line on a command line

You should not interpret the return code.  0 is success all other
values indicate a failure.  2 is usually used for unxpected errors and
1 for things like a BAD signature.  The proper way to identify an
error is by interpreting the output of --status-fd.

See also www.winpt.org for a nice COM+ component which can be used
directly from VBscript and friends.

  Werner