Key editor

Mark Brown broonie@sirena.org.uk
Fri Feb 22 14:39:01 2002

--GRPZ8SYKNexpdSJ7

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 01:20:04PM +0100, S=F8ren Hansen wrote:

> (3). Soren Hansen (Secondary e-mail) <sh@freesite.dk>

> What does the dot after "(3)" mean?

It means that that is the preferred user ID.

> When I run 'gpg --fingerprint' my secondary e-mail shows up first even
> though it's the one, that I added lastly:

GnuPG makes the most recently added ID the preferred ID.

> Does it matter in any way whatsoever? If so, how do I change it back to
> sh@warma.dk?

Unless it really bothers you I'd suggest waiting until the next release
of GnuPG which, I believe, provides an option for changing the preferred
identity.

--=20

--GRPZ8SYKNexpdSJ7

--GRPZ8SYKNexpdSJ7--