Serpent Support

Emilio Silva emisilva@altavista.com
Sat Feb 23 02:31:02 2002

1) Are there any plans to include Serpent support in Gnupg ?The large
security margin of the cipher,the conservatism in its design and the good
reputation of the people who created it,assure added value to GnuPG.

2) When conventionally (-c) encrypting using twofish PGP 7.0.3 canīt recognize
the passphrase (wrong passphrase...) ,I added --s2k-digest-algo sha1 (the hash
algorithm used by PGP 7.0.3) and the same happend.Using rijndael,cast5,3des all
works well.Whatīs the problem?I use GnuPG 1.0.6.

3)Using conventional encryption "the key is derived from the passphrase"(Gnupg
handbook) but the exact procedure is not specified.I get two different encrypted
outputs encrypting with the same file,passphrase,options and algorithms.How
exactly does this work? (In conventional encryption).

                                Thanks.

http://www.shopping.altavista.com