Using gpg on multiple systems

Mike Touloumtzis miket@bluemug.com
Mon Feb 25 22:49:02 2002

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 07:33:00AM -0800, Steve Butler wrote:

> I am relying on a long/strong passphrase.  I suppose I could develop two
> public keys.  One for home and one for work but...

I ended up using one key for work and another key (not just a separate
key ID) for home.  They are mutually signed.  This way, in the nightmare
subpoena scenario, I could surrender the key I use for all work-related
mail without endangering the privacy of my personal mail.

I didn't have an overwhelming argument in favor of this approach, so
I'm also curious to hear what others have done, and their rationales.

miket