let the flaming begin or Factoring Breakthrough?

JanuszA.Urbanowicz JanuszA.Urbanowicz
Wed Feb 27 14:33:02 2002

Ingo [Kl_cker] wrote/napisa=B3[a]/schrieb:
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> I doubt it very much. Hundreds of cryptography experts all over the
> world are at most making baby steps on improving factoring algorithms.
> And now the author of qmail (is he a mathematician?) found out how to
> factor integers faster? That's not very likely. Do you have a link
> where Dan Bernstein describes his breakthrough?

First, he is a mathematician and a cryptographer. On the Internet he is
mostly known for qmail and his personal attitude, but he is also one of
'first wave' of crypto researchers, and a cryptographer (author of Snuffle
algorithm over which he is still in court with US Gov't).=20

The paper in question is actually here I suppose: http://cr.yp.to/papers/nf=
scircuit.ps

And I thing raising the warning limits for RSA key generation would be a
Right Thing.

Alex
--=20
C _-=3D-_ H| Janusz A. Urbanowicz | ALEX3-RIPE | SF-F Framling |         | =
  *  =09
+~|=09
 ! &~) ? | P=B3yn=B1=E6 chc=EA na Wsch=F3d, za Suez, gdzie jest dobrem ka=
=BFde z=B3o | l_|/=09
A ~-=3D-~ O| Gdzie przykaza=F1 brak dziesi=EAciu, a pi=E6 mo=BFna a=BF po d=
no;     |   |  =20