Warning using insecure memory.

George Schoelles George@Schoelles.com
Sat Jan 5 16:07:02 2002

RPM's are installed suid.  /me thinks you'd have to build it yourself to make
the recommended changes.

Might try setting gpg file permissions and allowing group access or like that.

On Saturday 05 January 2002 06:26 am, Nick Wilson wrote:
> * Dale Harris <rodmur@maybe.org> [020105 15:17]:
> > On Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 02:12:39PM +0100, Nick Wilson elucidated:
> > > Hi everyone,
> > > I've just spent the morning setting up gpg for use with mutt and
> > > everytime I use it (command line or with mutt) im getting that warning.
> > > I'm not using a small machine or anything and I can't find anything in
> > > the docs.
> > >
> > > Any pointers would be appreciated :)
> >
> > http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html#q6.1
> >
> > gpg is not setuid.
> >

> > --
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >~~~~ Dale Harris  <rodmur@maybe.org>   GPG key: 372FBD57
> > http://www.maybe.org/
>
> Yes! Sorry I missed it in the FAQ.
> Do you know how I can make it setuid?
> I could just get the rpm from my install disk I suppose and run it as
> root but I'm sure there's a more efficient way?
>
> Much thanks guys :)

- --
George Schoelles <george@schoelles.com>

*             *             *  ===========
Thawte authorized WOT Notary   ICQ: 122492 Linux User 105503
*             *             *  ===========
http://66.146.12.214/~gschoell/

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses,
papers and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures,
shall not be violated..."
- -- the Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution

Nisi Defectum Haud Reficindium  (If it ain't broke, don't fix it)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including
any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.