Warning using insecure memory.

Nick Wilson nick@explodingnet.com
Sat Jan 5 17:57:01 2002

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

* Andrew McDonald <andrew@mcdonald.org.uk> [020105 17:42]:
> On Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 03:26:08PM +0100, Nick Wilson wrote:
> > * Dale Harris <rodmur@maybe.org> [020105 15:17]:
> > >=20
> > > http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html#q6.1
> > >=20
> > > gpg is not setuid.
> >=20
> > Yes! Sorry I missed it in the FAQ.
> > Do you know how I can make it setuid?
> > I could just get the rpm from my install disk I suppose and run it as
> > root but I'm sure there's a more efficient way?
>=20
> As root, run:
> chmod 4755 /usr/bin/gpg
> or:
> chmod u+s /usr/bin/gpg
>=20

Okay, done that. Still getting the warning when running mutt as user
'nick'
This is what I've got

-rwsr-xr-x    1 root     root       560252 Aug 10 06:05 /usr/bin/gpg

Looks okay to me but I'm a bit new to Linux (no really, it's true!) and
I'm not sure what the 's' even means. I'm off to check the chmod man
page right now :)

Let me know if you spot the trouble=20

Cheers

--=20