Revocation questions

Steve Butler sbutler@fchn.com
Wed Jan 16 16:21:01 2002

Do #3.  You should also be able to remove the old userid.  Upload the
changed key to the key server.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffery Cann [mailto:jc_cann@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 5:08 PM
To: gnupg-users@gnupg.org
Subject: Revocation questions

Greetings.

I was signing my emails (in KDE Kmail) with a gpg signature I created based
on
an email account that is no longer valid, and I am unsure if I should:

1.  Publish my revocation certificate and then generate a new keypair.  My
key
has not been compromised, so I do not know if that is the strict use of
revocation,

2.  Expire my current keypair and then generate a new keypair.

3.  Keep current keypair and add a new userid to my current keypair.  If I
do
this, can I reset the new userid to be the primary one?

Thanks
Jeff

=====
Protect Digital Rights!