How to import a gnupg-key to theBat

Armin Schöch schoech@iap-kborn.de
Wed Jan 23 21:31:01 2002

> > But, whats that? Now the message from the Windows-Client looks like:
> >
> > [-- BEGIN PGP MESSAGE --]
> >
> > 12345^M
> >
> > [-- END PGP MESSAGE --]
> > ~
> > ~
> >
> > Look at the ^M-Sign.
> > Is this the DOS-UNIX-LF-CR-Problem?
>
> Sorry, but you've lost me... Have no idea what you are talking about.

Unix and Linux uses the Linefeed (LF) character to mark the end of the
line (ASCII #10). DOS and Windows mark the end of a line with CR
(carriage return, ASCII #13) and LF character. And if you open a DOS
style formatted file in a Linux editor, you will see the additional CR
as ^M.

See "man mcopy", option "-t"

This explains what ^M stands for but not the problem this thread is
about, unfortunately :-(

Thanks,
Armin

at the office: Institut für Atmosphärenphysik
               Schlossstraße 6
               D-18225 Kühlungsborn
               Tel. +49-(0)38293-68-102