Does apache have to run as the site owner?

Paul Holman pablos@kadrevis.com
Wed Jan 23 23:29:01 2002

It might work to just leave your Apache setup the way it is and put a
.gnupg directory with keyrings inside your htdocs directory.  You might
want to extra-protect it with .htaccess rules as well since your keys
would be in there.

Just a thought.  Also, I think you can override all the $HOME specific
stuff with command line flags on GPG which would eliminate the
dependency on user environment.

pablos.