signed messages & mutt

Ken Wahl ken@kenwahl.org
Fri Jan 25 16:41:02 2002

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0

chris@inferno.nadir.org on 25/01/2002 at 10:54 opined thusly:

>  That is what im am trying to do too, but it doesn't work.
>  The mails get through the Filter without beeing transformed.
>  Andy Idea how to debug procmail ?
>=20

First, are you sure it's not working? The options above will make a new
Content-Type header and rename the original Content-Type header to
"Old-Content-Type:" If the message has the appropriate new header and
the old header than procmail is working.

If you are sure it is not then turn on verbose logging in procmail on by
adding the following to your procmailrc

VERBOSE=3Dyes
LOGABSTRACT=3Dall

and make sure you have the path to the logfile set with LOGFILE
and that the logfile exists.  I'm not sure if procmail will create it if
doesn't exist but just to be safe...

as an example here is my procmailrc but I have verbose logging off.

PATH=3D/usr/bin: /bin: /usr/local/bin: /usr/x11R6/bin
MAILDIR=3D$HOME/mail
ORGMAIL=3D/var/spool/mail/ken
DEFAULT=3D$ORGMAIL
PMDIR=3D$HOME/procmail
LOGFILE=3D$PMDIR/log
VERBOSE=3Dno
LOGABSTRACT=3Dall
INCLUDERC =3D $PMDIR/.procmail.legitimate
INCLUDERC =3D $PMDIR/.procmail.manual
INCLUDERC =3D $PMDIR/.procmail.autoban

With verbose logging on procmail will log all the decisions it makes
regarding filtering of incoming mail.  You won't want to keep verbose
logging on for very long.

--=20
Ken Wahl    ken@kenwahl.org     http://www.kenwahl.org/
PGP/GPG Key C225AA5A: http://www.kenwahl.org/pubkey.gpg
WARNING: This machine is powered by weapons grade Linux
Weaponized Linux Kernel 2.4.9-12 Uptime: 47 days, 23:59

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0--