ASCII versus BINARY ftp of encrypted file -- post ftp fixup?

Steve Butler sbutler@fchn.com
Mon Jan 28 20:30:01 2002

We have a client who routinely sends us an encrypted file using the ASCII
rather than BIN ftp format.  At least whenever we have had them resend it
using the BIN format the decryption works.  The error we get is:

gpg: encrypted with 2048-bit ELG-E key, ID 5A2CEA48, created 2001-10-16
      "First Choice Health Network (FCHN)"
gpg: fatal: zlib inflate problem: invalid block type
secmem usage: 2336/4128 bytes in 6/11 blocks of pool 4768/16384

Has anybody played with doing a post-FTP fixup of such a file?  Suggestions
on how we might recover the file without having the sender ftp it again?

--Steve Butler
Oracle DBA
First Choice Health Network
206-268-2309

[My apologies for the forced notice below.  The great State of Washington in
their infinite wisdom has decreed that such a notice must accompany all
email leaving our company.]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.