--encrypt does not return to command prompt

Steve Butler sbutler@fchn.com
Tue Jan 29 22:11:02 2002

It appears you are encrypting the $STDIN (what you type on the keyboard).

I place the --encrypt as the last item in the options list and follow it
with the file name.  As in:

 gpg --output tdeck.gpg --recipient sethsperman@charter.net --encrypt
tdeck.txt

You might want some other options if in a batch file (--batch --no-tty
--homedir xxx, etc).

--Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Seth Spearman [mailto:SethSpearman@charter.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 12:08 PM
To: gnupg-users@gnupg.org
Subject: --encrypt does not return to command prompt

When I run the following line at the command prompt, it **never returns to
the command prompt** but it does create a file:
gpg --output tdeck.gpg --encrypt --recipient sethspearman@charter.net  (I DO
NOT SEE IN SYNTAX HOW TO TELL WHICH FILE TO ENCRYPT).

It DOES NOT return to the c prompt BUT DOES NOT appear to hang in any way.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.