FW: Import/Export key pair

Steve Butler sbutler@fchn.com
Wed Jan 30 00:03:01 2002

Of course, that means both machines can pretend to be you!  If you don't
want the destination box to have your secret key then don't do the 2nd
export.  But, if you are like me, and want the secret key both on your work
box and your home box, then this is what you'll have to do.

Just don't ever send your secret key to somebody else.  Best carry it on a
floppy between the two machines << and then destroy the floppy -- grin >>.

--Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Butler
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 2:54 PM
To: 'Olivier Pasco'
Subject: RE: Import/Export key pair

On source machine.

gpg --export mykeyid --armor --output mypubkey.asc
gpg --export-secret-keys mykeyid --armor --output myseckey.asc

On destination machine

gpg --allow-secret-key-import --import mypubkey.asc myseckey.asc

--Steve

PS  man gpg | lpr  will prepare a helpful document.  I tend to scan it
several times a day.