adjusting the key verification level after signing it

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Mon Jul 1 15:37:02 2002

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 09:02:26AM -0400, gpg-users@interlinx.bc.ca wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there any to adjust the "verification level" you assigned a key
> after signing it?  What if, perhaps, I initially assigned the key
> verification level a 2 but after some more extensive checking I want
> to adjust that to be a 3, or vice-versa?

No, there isn't.  The class (aka "verification level") of a signature
is part of the signature itself, and changing it would invalidate the
signature.

What you can do is either delete or revoke the old signature and then
re-sign the key with whatever class you like.

David