PGP Schlüsse l nicht 100% kompatibel?

Volker Gaibler volker.gaibler@urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Jul 8 10:46:01 2002

Hello,

On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 05:18:48PM +0200, maik.klenke@gmx.net wrote:
> ich habe festgestellt, das wenn man einen PGP Schlüssel aus PGP
> importiert (mit privatem Schlüssel) dieser aber nicht der
> Standardgröße entspricht also z.B. 2047 Bytes statt 2048, das man
> dann die Nachricht nicht mit Gnupg entschlüsseln kann.

well, first, this is an English list so please write in English.

I tried this (2047 bit key) with PGP 7.0.3 and it took horribly long
(well, in fact it did not complete because I cancelled), much much
longer than a normal 2048 bit key generation. I don't know why PGP
behaves like that (without giving an error message), but there is really
no reason to use such odd numbers as 2047 bit. This won't increase the
security - and 2048 is really enough. So just don't do it.

Volker

--
 Volker Gaibler                                 contact:
 http://www.volker-gaibler.de                   mail@volker-gaibler.de