gnupg-1.0.7: keyserver subdir?

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Mon Jul 8 23:24:02 2002

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 05:57:29PM -0300, Andreas Hasenack wrote:
> What exactly is the keyserver subdirectory for in the gnupg
> tarball? The only reference I could find was in the NEWS file,
> something about "plugins" for some keyservers.

Exactly that.  The keyserver subdirectory in 1.0.7 contains
gpgkeys_ldap for communicating with the NAI LDAP keyserver, and
gpgkeys_mailto for communicting with the keys-by-mail keyserver.

gpgkeys_ldap is built if you have OpenLDAP installed and
gpgkeys_mailto is built if you have sendmail installed.  They are
automatically installed when you install GnuPG.  GnuPG will call them
when needed.

David