GNU PGP

Ryan Malayter rmalayter@bai.org
Wed Jul 10 17:12:01 2002

>From gpg.man:

       -t, --textmode
                 Use  canonical  text  mode.   If  -t  (but   not
                 --textmode)  is  used together with armoring and
                 signing,  this  enables  clearsigned   messages.
                 This  kludge  is  needed  for PGP compatibility;
                 normally you would use --sign or --clearsign  to
                 selected the type of the signature.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Tschaikowsky [mailto:TschaikowskyJ@ORVIS.com]=20
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 9:51 AM
To: 'gnupg-users@gnupg.org'
Subject: GNU PGP

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am using GNUPGP 1.0.6 on a windows 2000 platform to encryt text files.

Does anyone know if GNUPGP includes "Canonical Text Support" (removes
any
text formatting when file is encrypted using recipients public key). I
see a
switch available for ASCII Armoring but I do not see one for Canonical
Text.

Thanks Much

James Tschaikowsky
Senior Systems Analyst