DNS keyserver (was Re: gnupg-1.0.7: keyserver subdir?)

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Wed Jul 10 21:07:02 2002

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 08:57:43PM +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:

> > BTW, I like your keyserver handler. I only have one complaint. It should
> > be named gpgkeys_x-jkp, not gpgkeys_jkp. This is because (correct me if
> > I am wrong) protocols which have not been assigned a scheme must use
> > "[Xx]\-.*" This could be solved with a symlink (which I have done). I
> > know this is a nitpick, and you are free to ignore it.
>
> Yup, I guess it should be changed.  Shouldn't HKP be X-HKP then too?

Perhaps.  Despite the variable and function names I used in the code,
it's arguable whether the item specified in a 'keyserver' command is
really a URI or not.  In any event, GnuPG 1.2 accepts either HKP or
X-HKP.

David