wipe issues

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Thu Jul 11 09:32:02 2002

--=-mU56DEd/XcxeCnOv/JGQ

On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 19:19, Bob Holtzman wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, john clark wrote:

> > What wipe program do you use in your *nix and win32
> [...]Still looking for one for Linux.

Depending on the filesystem, you can have it without extra tools. I
believe ext2 at least has the wipe-files-after-delete option (mount
option, or you set it per file with chattr).

Arggh! man chattr documents this (flag 's'), but it seems not to be
implemented yet.

ok, so just ignore me. (or implement it - sounds quite trivial if one is
a kernel hacker. Which, of course, I am not).

cheers
-- vbi

--=20
secure email with gpg                         http://fortytwo.ch/gpg