Interesting...

Adam Pavelec apavelec@benefit-services.com
Fri Jul 12 14:57:02 2002

> > The point whoever it was was trying to make is still valid.
> > Free software is not equal to bugfree software, there might be a better
> > chance that someone finds security holes and fixes them when the source
> > is Free but to say that Free software has no bugs is foolishness.
>
> I did not say the point wasn't valid. But imho Adam didn't claim open
> software was bugfree, either.

That's exactly right.  In fact, the main purpose for posting the link to the
news article was to bring the attention of the vulnerability to anyone who
might still be using the affected software.  I have noticed that many GPG
users on this list still use older versions of PGP for compatability and/or
testing purposes.

-Adam