corrupted secret keyring

Brian M. Carlson karlsson@hal-pc.org
Tue Jul 16 22:01:02 2002

--XjbSsFHOHxvQpKib

Foolishly, I imported that key pair that someone sent to the list some
time ago, claiming that it didn't work for them. I said it worked just
fine for me. Well, it doesn't. I was cleaning up my secret keyring
(somehow, I have obtained about 20 other *secret* keys, none of them
with public keys) and now that I have deleted them, I am unable to:

export my secret keys
delete keys from my public keyring

I am able to:
sign
export public keys

I don't know about anything else. I'd really like to have my secret
keyring back. The message I get is:

bmc@stonewall:~$ gpg --export-secret-keys 560553e7
gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html for more information
gpg: mpi too large (34614 bits)
gpg: mpi too large (27570 bits)

I'd be happy to send you anything but my secret keyring.

--=20
Brian M. Carlson <karlsson@hal-pc.org> <http://decoy.wox.org/~bmc> 0x560553=
E7
Just once, I wish we would encounter an alien menace that wasn't
immune to bullets.
		-- The Brigadier, "Dr. Who"

--XjbSsFHOHxvQpKib

Signature policy: http://decoy.wox.org/~bmc/openpgp/policy.tex