secure viewer

jbw jbw@ma3j.com
Mon Jul 22 16:57:02 2002

--8t9RHnE3ZwKMSgU+

On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 03:53:21PM +0200, Mark Kirchner spewed into the eth=
er:
> Hi,
>=20
> On Sunday, July 21, 2002, 2:59:56 PM, vedaal wrote:
> > also, even if the 'for-your-eyes-only' option is left on,
> > it is routinely ignored by the frontends for gnupg
> > {both gpgshell and winpt }
> > and the message displays and copies, as if the option were not there
>=20
> hm, which version(s)? "gpg 1.1.90-nr1" and "gpgshell 2.45" here and i
> get a different behavior: On decrypting a --for-your-eyes-only message
> without any parameters given, gpg exits with
>=20
>   gpg: NOTE: sender requested "for-your-eyes-only"
>   gpg: data not saved; use option "--output" to save it
>=20
> and therefore gpgshell can't display anything.
> When --output is used, the message is saved normally and can be viewed
> (and copied of course) with any viewer.
>=20
> Regards,
> Mark Kirchner
>=20
> --=20
> Key (0x19DC86D3) available:
> http://www.mark-kirchner.de/keys/key-mk.asc
>=20

My problem is not reading emails with the FYEO option. The problem
is when I send emails to someone else to turn it off so that they
can read the encrypted email without the use of a secure viewer. They
are using win2K/Eudora/PGPfreeware.

Changing the option to no-for-your-eyes-only does not seem to make a
difference.

jbw
  =20