changed permissions on ~/.gnupg/pubring.gpg

Micha Holzmann holzmann@mhnet.de
Mon Jul 29 11:37:02 2002

Hello,

it comes to my attention, that the permissions of the file ~/.gnupg/pubring.gpg
after an import are modified. I set the permissions *before* to 600.

I have downloaded the files from freeswan, then i have iported their key with:
gpg --import freeswan-sigkey2002.asc

While importing gnupg prints out (sorry for german):
idm-06: gpg -v --import freeswan-sigkey2002.asc
gpg: Warnung: Unsichere Zugriffsrechte für file "/home/holzmann/.gnupg/pubring.gpg"

Now i delete the key with: gpg --delete-key 0x46EAFCE1

Immediately i took a look at pubting.gpg. It was again set to 644!
Why does gpg change the permissions from 600 to 644?

Kind regards,
Micha Holzmann