Making WinPT Part of GnuPG/Win Distro

Ed Suominen general@eepatents.com
Wed Jul 31 20:39:03 2002

I strongly agree with your idea #2. WinPT is a compact, easy to use, and
very powerful tool. I'll take the proposal a step further: I believe
WinPT deserves to be a part of an official, installation-based Windows
distribution of GnuPG 1.0.7. (Of course, only supplementing the separate
command-line binary-only distro of GnuPG.)

Timo is pretty modest in his version numbering -- I've distributed his
version 0.5.12 with about 20,000 PRIVARIA downloads and have heard no
issues coming back regarding it. (It is the default key generation UI
for new PRIVARIA installations.) Timo has been talking about a version
0.6 for a while now, which I think would be a good start for inclusion
in the "official" GnuPG/Win 1.0.7 distribution. And yes, WinPT is fully
GPL'd.

As we've been saying in the U.S. a lot since last fall, "United We
Stand..." :-)

\--- http://www.eepatents.com -----------------/