Downgrade problem. (Jean-David Beyer)

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Tue Jun 4 04:17:02 2002

This is not correct.  There is no need to go through the trouble (and
danger) of making a special copy of the key with no passphrase,
disconnecting from the network, etc.

Just do this:

0) Make a backup of your keyrings.

1) On the 1.0.7 box:
   gpg --simple-sk-checksum --edit (keyid)
   Enter "passwd", and change your password to anything.  It does not
   have to be blank, and you can in fact "set" it to what it currently
   is.

2) On the 1.0.7 box:
   gpg --export-secret-key (keyid) > mykey.gpg
   gpg --export-key (keyid) >> mykey.gpg

  (copy mykey.gpg to the new box)

3) On the 1.0.6 box:
   gpg --allow-secret-key-import --import mykey.gpg

However, I wouldn't do it - rebuild 1.0.7, and use that.

David