Cannot encrypt/decrypt zip-Files correctly

akorthaus@web.de akorthaus@web.de
Tue Jun 4 18:16:02 2002

Hi!
I´ve got a strange problem.  I try to encrypt a gz-file on my Linux Server
using GPG, and download the encrypted file, and decrypt it with WinPT on my
PC(Win2K).
That`s what I´ve tried in SHELL:

(17:23:59) [webseite] gpg -o out.txt -a -e --default-recipient akorthaus
mysql.zip

in the same way I encrypted html-files which I could decrypt without any
problems.

Now I open out.txt and copied the code to my clipboard. After that I opened
WinPT and decrypted the code from clipboard, that worked correctly, but the
result was:

Zip!

As I allready said - the same way worked with html Files!

What could be the problem, or how can I decrypt complete files using WinPT?

cu
Andreas