Cannot encrypt/decrypt zip-Files correctly (Andreas)

Peter T. Abplanalp pta@psaconsultants.com
Tue Jun 4 20:17:01 2002

don't you have to specify ascii armoring on the command line tho?
andreas doesn't do that in his command line.  or is gpg smart enough
to ascii armor a .txt output file based on extension?

On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 10:50:05AM -0700, Leigh S. Jones, KR6X wrote:
> Don't be deceived by incorrect answers.
>=20
> ASCII-armored outputs from encrypted binary files are perfectly OK.  They
> contain
> the full 8 bit binary content of the input file converted to the text out=
put
> format.  The
> method for doing this was long established before PGP/gpg were created.  =
No