Idea how to leave double-mails out?

Nick Andriash Nick Andriash <andriash@telus.net>
Thu Jun 6 01:18:02 2002

On June 5, 2002 at 04:12:47 PM, David wrote:

> Most folks subscribed to a list would set M-F-T: to the list while
> leaving Reply-To: set to themselves so that a "reply" would go to the
> poster and a "list reply" would go to the mailing list.

Well for one I noticed you didn't set that header, and I doubt "Most
folks" would. You reply to a List posting... you would expect the posting
to be sent to the List. What you suggest means that everyone else on this
List would have to set the M-F-T header, as opposed to the List
Administrator setting just one header.

Perhaps things are different in the Unix world, but the generally accepted
practice I see is that the List sets the Reply-To header to the List
address. I have already received 3 personal postings on this thread, so
you can add redundancy to the list of cons to keep the status quo. ;o)

--
Nick Andriash
Courtenay, B.C. Canada