KMail, KDE 3.0.1, and Encrypting Messages with GPG 1.0.7

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Tue Jun 11 08:34:01 2002

--=-PTnXvNNyUBlsczO90mGt

> 3.0.1, KMail no longer allows me to encrypt.  A box comes up with my
> keys, but the "OK" button is greyed out and I can't select any key for
> encryption.  All keys have a Question Mark over them.

Just guessing...

the upgrade from gpg 1.0.6 to 1.0.7 changed how trust is handled.
Previously all keys with available secret keys were automatically
trusted. Now, you have to set that trust manually (gpg --edit - I think
gpa and the like may not know about 'ultimate' trust yet).

Perhaps it's how kmail handles gpg, too - don't know about that.

cheers
-- vbi

--=20
secure email with gpg            avbidder@fortytwo.ch: key id 0x92082481