How to select a specific subkey for signing?

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Mon Jun 17 18:10:01 2002

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 05:25:36PM +0200, Mark Doll wrote:
> David Shaw wrote:
> >
> > Yes.  Stick a "!" after the keyid you specify and GnuPG will use it
> > verbatim.
> >
> >   gpg -u 0xDF2D08D3! --sign .....
> >

> Wonderful, that's much better! Thanks! :-)
>
> If this only had been mentioned in the man page...

It is.

       Note that you can append an exclamation mark to key IDs or
       fingerprints.   This flag which tells GnuPG to use exactly
       that primary or secondary key and don't try to figure  out
       which secondary or primary key to use.

David