1 more week till gnupg 1.07 2 month anniversary

David R. Bergstein dbergstein@comcast.net
Mon Jun 24 14:12:01 2002

To Rich's point, that is why I finally spent some time and got a w32
version of gnupg to cross-compile via mingw32-cpd on one of my linux
boxes.  If you can't trust a 3rd party to supply the binary for your
platform, it makes sense to compile it yourself.  Trouble is, the w32
compile process for gnupg (1.07 or earlier versions) is not as
straightforward as I would like.  The compile session wasn't pretty but
the executable works fine and there are no extra "unsupported" ciphers
added.

The patches I used included the HKP keyserver patch from nullify.org, a
configure patch to use wsock32 instead of ws2_32 (this was not in the
win32api I used and did not work when it was added), and a patch to
eliminate compile conflicts with strgutil.c. If anyone is interested I
can post a binary archive with my signature along with all the patches I
used to get the binary to compile.

Regards,

- - David

David R. Bergstein
Systems Engineer and Blues Musician -
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dbergstein/
Heart of Blue - bookings on-line at http://www.heartofblue.com
OpenPGP Public Key 0xE1F138CA - For info see http://www.gnupg.org
Key fingerprint = C86E CA2A 4171 AC73 91D7  3DCE 8832 D764 E1F1 38CA