bad passphrase error passing it into GPG on Windows 98 using stdin

Peter T. Abplanalp pta@psaconsultants.com
Wed Jun 26 21:12:02 2002

--wzJLGUyc3ArbnUjN

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 11:52:02AM -0700, Will Morgan wrote:
> Hello, I've been wallowing around for a few days and would really appreci=
ate
> some help!
>=20
> Using the latest posted windows executable - 1.06 - I've got code going in
> VB / Microsoft Access on Windows '98 that appears to succesfully write and
> read STDIO via pipes to GPG.EXE but i have not been able to decrypt
> anything, getting a bad passphrase error that does not occur when i do th=
is
> interactively.  At this point I'd be happy to pass the pass phrase pretty
> much any which way i can, the following method of using stdin is what i've
> tried without success, any ideas about what i might do differently with t=
his
> technique or others to front end decrypting a batch o messages on win 98?

this has been discussed on the list numerous times, please check the
archives.  it is my understanding from the previous threads that you
can use:

gpg -o c:clearout.txt --passphrase-fd 0 --decrypt c:\cypherin.txt < passphr=
ase

and that pipes don't work on windows.  i don't use windows so that is
about all i can tell you except that, as i said, numerous solutions
have been posted for this ranging from c to vb, iirc.

--=20
Peter Abplanalp

Email:   pta@psaconsultants.com
PGP:     pgp.mit.edu