Cygwin and 1.0.7

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Thu May 2 09:17:01 2002

On Wed, 1 May 2002 20:24:35 +0200 (MET DST), Johan Wevers said:

> - The resulting executable works on the commandline, but not with
>   WinPT 0.5.11 (it shows there are 0 keys on my keyring). The exe from
>   www.nullify.org does work OK with WinPT, are there differences on how
>   functions are called between exes created by Mingw32 and Cygwin?

There are many different flavors of file descriptors under Windows and
some of them have to be mapped from the ones passed on the
commandline to the ones used by libcrt.dll - Cygwin uses its own
mapping and this might be a reason for conflicts.

> - The command gpg -kvv gives a segfault on my exe but works OK with the
>   exe from www.nullify.org.

Well, I suggest to use the native compiler mingw32 ;-)

> - I could not get keys from a keyserver with both executables, but I assume
>   the company firewall is to blame here.

No there is a problem with the used losesocket version if you are
running NT or similar.  This will get fixed in the next release.

  Werner