gpg --pgp2 and sign+encrypt

Gregor Zattler texmex@uni.de
Sat May 4 22:29:01 2002

Hi Michael,
* Michael H. Warfield <mhw@wittsend.com> [Fre 03 Mai 2002 12:22:39 GMT]:
> On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 04:59:31PM -0400, David Shaw wrote:
> > 1.0.7 behavior:
[ ... ]
> > GnuPG can make clear signatures and detached signatures for PGP 2.x.
> > The only thing that it does not do is encrypt+sign for PGP 2.x.
>
> 	Ok...  I found that this can be accomplished with the four step
> proceedure at http://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/pgp2x.html once you correct for
> the typos in the FAQ (like --detach-sign instead of --detach-signature).
> So, now I can build this into a shell script to automate the process.

There is such a script. It worked o.k. with gpg v1.0.6  I think
it also works with v1.0.7

It's used in unstable debian/gnu linux gpg.rc for the mutt MUA:

# This version uses gpg-2comp from
#   http://muppet.faveve.uni-stuttgart.de/~gero/gpg-2comp.tar.gz

Ciao, Gregor
--
Kommunikation benoetigt gemeinsame     /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
Standards --> unformatierter Text      \ /    Respect for open standards