GnuPG 1.0.7 not compiling on Solrais 2.7

Piotr Kasztelowicz pekasz@lodz.ptkardio.pl
Mon May 6 14:16:01 2002

On Sun, 5 May 2002, Lars Hecking wrote:

>  It compiles fine with gcc, and I'd also suggest you install ANDIrand
>  (or, on Sol 8 machines, patch 112438). I'll check the Forte compiler
>  as soon as I get the license file ...

Today I have compiled on Solrais 7 (Sun IPX) with gcc 2.95.3 and gnumake
3.79.1
and on Solaris 2.6 on ultra machine without problems. All is good, as
seen. Generally, all GNU software on Solaris should be compiled with gcc
rather with other (native) compilers usign gnumake instead native make.
This same relates to using program 'patch' for patching GNU-software.
If you'll to patch Solaris, the native Solaris program 'patch' should be
used,
if you'll to patch GNU-software on Solaris, 'GNU-patch' program to it
is prefered. I have used on Solaris only gcc in version 2.95.3, because
versions 3.x works on Solaris not excellnet yet, but I use not other
compilers as from gcc "family"

---
Piotr Kasztelowicz                 <Piotr.Kasztelowicz@lodz.ptkardio.pl>
[http://www.am.torun.pl/~pekasz]