Making it simple

Steve Butler sbutler@fchn.com
Wed May 8 16:30:02 2002

Thanks Werner.

These are settings from an earlier release.  Guess we haven't paid much
attention to the new defaults in 1.0.7 and the impact on the options file.
As long as it keeps working we tend to focus on the items not yet completed
or those that just broke :-).

Guess I'll have to do an analysis on the public keys our customers have sent
us to see if they do specify a compression preference.  Seems we had
problems with one client and this fixed it (without breaking the others).

I'll stick this on my "to do" list.

--Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Werner Koch [mailto:wk@gnupg.org]
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 11:50 PM
To: gnupg-users@gnupg.org
Subject: Re: Making it simple

On Tue, 7 May 2002 14:41:23 -0700, Steve Butler said:

> compress-algo 1

Hmmm, this should get handled automagically without setting any
options.  There are preferences for the compress algorithms similar to
those for the cipher algorithms.

> force-v3-sigs

The options file which gets installed by the first use did always set
this and 1.0.7 make this a default anyway (and --excape-from).  So
everything should work fine even without an options file.

  Werner