Install problem

Nalin Dahyabhai nalin@redhat.com
Wed May 8 16:40:02 2002

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 09:53:10AM -0400, David Shaw wrote:
> On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 09:19:50AM -0400, Gerald Waugh wrote:
> > Hi, my first post - new user.
> > I am trying to install gnupg-1.0.7 on a RH 6.2 system.
> > make barfs In file included from gpgkeys_ldap
> > /usr/include/ldap.h:302: parse error before `BerElement'
> > Then there are many of usr/include/ldap errors
> > And, of course can not compile pgkeys_ldap.c
> > Do I need a later version of ldap?
>
> Yes.  The OpenLDAP that comes with RH 6.2 is pretty old.  If you don't
> need LDAP keyserver upport, you can also skip it by specifying
> --disable-ldap when you run ./configure.

It appears to compile correctly if you add
#include <lber.h>
just before the line which reads
#include <ldap.h>
in keyserver/gpgkeys_ldap.c before compiling.

It'd probably be best to just include lber.h if it's found, which would
probably require a change to configure.ac.  I don't have a patch handy,
but if it's useful, I can make one.

Nalin