configure produces zero length Makefile

Gordon Worley redbird@rbisland.cx
Mon May 13 15:16:01 2002

On Monday, May 13, 2002, at 03:33  AM, Werner Koch wrote:

> On Sun, 12 May 2002 15:25:43 -0700, David Benfell said:
>
>>> to go through the configure script and change all instances of
>>> 'CDPATH='
>>> to 'unset CDPATH'.
>>>
>> Good catch.  Really good catch.  Thank you.
>
> Hmmm, if you look at configure you will find that CDPATH is actually
> unset ($ac_unset CDPATH ....).

Ah, but, if you'll search through configure you'll find that there are
places that still have CDPATH= directly rather than with this testing
mechanism.  Plus, IIRC, I found that only the first such line actually
worked, but then I don't think I spent a lot of time testing it.

--
Gordon Worley                     `When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty
http://www.rbisland.cx/            said, `it means just what I choose