PGP signature support broken in Evolution

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Wed May 15 15:40:02 2002

--=-00w58/yGqjzZlmR9Hf8v

On Wed, 2002-05-15 at 14:59, Guy Van Sanden wrote:
[...]
> Does anyone know if this will be fixed soon?  Ik like evolution, but it's=
 extensive
> PGP/GPG support was one of the main reasons I chose it...

You'll have to bug the evo people. I am quite annoyed by this, too. My
experience with them is:
 - they don't see it as a high priority
 - part of the problem is with gpg or the OpenPGP spec (according to the
evo developers. I don't have enough info to evaluate this)
 - the architecture of evolution seems to make a fix really difficult.

Of course, they are right if they say I could fix it myself. But I don't
have that much free time, I just want a mailreader that works. I assume
it's the same with you...

All in all, I'll probably change to sylpheed as soon as a few essential
(for me) features have been added there. Or perhaps I'll have a look at
kmail (from KDE 3 - it is said to have made a big step forward).

cheers
-- vbi

--=20
I sign e-mail using OpenPGP (rfc2440) compliant software.

--=-00w58/yGqjzZlmR9Hf8v

--=-00w58/yGqjzZlmR9Hf8v--