signing & encrypting

David T-G davidtg-gnupg@justpickone.org
Fri May 17 14:58:01 2002

--enGqbSaueFq5omEL

Aurelio --

=2E..and then Aurelio Turco said...
%=20
% Ryan Malayter wrote:
% >=20
% > The best security comes from using sign/encrypt/sign. See:
% >=20
% > http://world.std.com/~dtd/sign_encrypt/sign_encrypt7.html
%=20
% Thanks for the reference. I found it a great help.

Same here!

%=20
% However, the author does not mention GnuPG.
% I presume that this is because in GnuPG signing
% and encrypting can be done in a single operation

Hmmm...  I don't know enough to answer either way, but now I'm interested.
When I read it I assumed that it was because gpg is essentially the same
as pgp, particularly in comparison to a completely different operation
like S/MIME.  I think he mentions OpenPGP because of its roots in PGP
(or, you might say, vice versa).

HTH & TIA & HAND

:-D
--=20