signing & encrypting

Douglas F. Calvert douglist@anize.org
Sun May 19 21:36:02 2002

--=-hq15tj8ehwXWyrqLRgNi

On Fri, 2002-05-17 at 17:23, Len Sassaman wrote:
> Note, however, that this paper is not very impressive. I commented on thi=
> on the Cryptography list when it was first published, so I am not going t=
> repeat my arguments again in detail -- the long and short of it was that
> Davis is arguing that developers should be using technology to solve a
> user-interaction problem. This just won't work.
>=20
> (FWIW, I believe he misses the fact that OpenPGP includes timestamps in
> its signatures, also.)

Timestamps are worthless in my opinion. Unless you use the stamper
service which still leaves a lot to be desired...

--=20
+ Douglas Calvert  <dfc@anize.org>  http://anize.org/dfc +
|    Key Id 0xC9541FB2  http://anize.org/dfc-keys.asc    |
|   http://imissjerry.org   http://whoownsthisidea.org   |
+-| 0817 30D4 82B6 BB8D 5E66  06F6 B796 073D C954 1FB2 |-+

--=-hq15tj8ehwXWyrqLRgNi

--=-hq15tj8ehwXWyrqLRgNi--