Re[2]: cypher algorithm - which one?

lomax lomax <lomax@zmail.sk>
Fri Nov 1 17:31:01 2002

hi David,

DS> If speed doesn't matter, and you want the safest choice, then that's
DS> 3DES.  It's been around the longest, and it's withstood more
DS> challenges than any other cipher.

DS> See http://www.samsimpson.com/pgpfaq.html for more.

thnx, for your advice, the page is really good. now, I got one more
question - regarding the public key algorithms.

the web page is little bit outdated and also I didn't really get it. I
got the impression, that they favour DSS/DH [which is, I hope, the
same as the DSA in the gnupg]. but on the other hand, it's possible to
use only 1024bit [or when combined with the ElGamal - 2048bit] key.
for the RSA the key-lenght goes up to 16384bit.

is 1024[2048] future-proof? [comparing to a RSA4096 for example]

thnx for any advice

--
lomax