^M characters are embedded at the end of every record.

Nicolas Couture nc@stormvault.net
Wed Nov 6 23:12:01 2002

On Wed, 2002-11-06 at 16:23, Loo, Peter wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I created a text file in Windows environment.  Then it is encrypted and FTPed to a Unix server where the file is decrypted.  After decryption, I am seeing ^M characters at the end of each record.  I have tried sending the file in both ASCII and BINARY modes.  Both modes don't help.  However, if I send the plain text file via FTP in ASCII mode, the file does not contain and control characters.  Is there a way to decrypt the file into an output file without ^M character or is there a way to encrypt the file without ^M?

This is not a GnuPG issue. All files created on notepad or some
microsoft editor are full of ^M. Microsoft it says. The best you could
do it not use windows but if you're addicted to this thing you could
always use an other editor.

--
Nicolas Couture
mailto: nc at stormvault dot net